Drakenstein Lion Park
Weekly cost (approx USD):
Direct benefits you gain:
field research skills
remote scenic location
Noteworthy conservation points:
Same sex shard unit (max 3)
basic understanding of English, be at least 18 years of age and reasonably fit.
communal kitchen / recreation room, accommodation included, electricity, western toilet, scheduled shopping trip to town
Details of the day-to-day life on the project:
General volunteer activities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Monitoring visitors to the sanctuary to ensure our animals well being.
• Food preparation for the lions.
• Cleaning the grounds and facilities.
• Cleaning lion camps.
• Clearing alien vegetation.
• Clearing fence lines and general fence maintenance.
• Fence construction.
• Firebreak maintenance (and fire fighting in the summer!).
What should I pack?
Sleeping bag (you are responsible for providing your own bedding)
Work gloves x 2
Torch with extra batteries
Warm clothes for cold nights
Light clothes for hot days
Cash/credit cards/travellers cheques
Driver’s license (if available)
Travel insurance certificate
Copies of important documents
How long can I stay?
When does the project run?
Update or add information
Upload a picture!